Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
About Roosevelt Institute
Until economic and social rules work for all Americans, they’re not working. Inspired by the legacy of Franklin and Eleanor, the Roosevelt Institute reimagines the rules to create a nation where everyone enjoys a fair share of our collective prosperity. We are a 21st-century think tank bringing together multiple generations of thinkers and leaders to help drive key economic and social debates and have local and national impact. We advance this mission through the work of our staff, fellows, and network of students and alumni.
At Roosevelt, we recognize that the culture of the workplace and opportunities for career growth and development are important to all. We believe that diversity of background and experience among our people make our work to reimagine the rules of our social and economic realities stronger. Roosevelt is an equal opportunity employer and, as affirms in policy and practice to consider all applications in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
Purpose of Position:
Roosevelt Institute is looking for a Temporary Recruiter to join the Human Resources team. This position will be responsible for running end-to-end recruiting processes for a wide variety of roles. We seek a hands-on utility player with a willingness to learn and an interest in developing professionally in Human Resources.
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Temporary Recruiter is a trusted business partner who is responsible for the life cycle of the recruitment process from vacancy to onboarding, creating a positive experience that reflects our core values. The Recruiter will also work to support the organization’s goals around diversity, equity & inclusion to attract, hire and retain diverse talent.
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Salary: $55 per hour
Full lifecycle recruiting:
- Responsibility for all recruitment needs, posting internally and to external job boards, organizing and filing applicant data, networking, soliciting referrals, attending career fairs and other networking events as requested, leveraging social media, sourcing passive candidates, reviewing applications, screening candidates, coordinating phone calls, conducting remote and in-person interviews, creating agendas, ensuring all paperwork is collected, communicating with applicants throughout the recruiting process. Partner with hiring managers from across the organization to support them in hiring qualified and diverse talent to fill their needs; senior-level reporting on staffing updates weekly
- Editing job descriptions, drafting personnel announcements, updating organization charts, compliance in recruitment efforts in the confines of the collective bargaining agreements, and ensure integrity.
- Assist with training initiatives, collaborate with HR Team on various projects and initiatives, cross-train with HR team, other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Roosevelt Institute reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times, being cognizant of when to consult with HR management.
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and possess a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability and desire to follow up with others to help them be organized and stay on track.
- Strong customer / employee focus skills, required.
- Must be diplomatic and proactive in keeping recruiting and onboarding efforts moving forward.
- Ability to develop relationships and trust is a must.
- A flexible mindset is a must.
- Must take pride in your work and have the desire to take ownership of your role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Process improvement minded is a plus.
- This position reports to the Director of HR.
- This position has no direct reports.
- Advises, leads, consults, and coordinates with:
- Hiring managers
- All employees in a recruiting capacity
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 3- 5 years recruiting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Experience managing executive-level positions.
- Strong interpersonal, advisory, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in using a variety of recruitment systems and online search/sourcing tools.
- Time management or organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple recruitment activities and deliverables simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to priorities.
- Human Resources Generalist knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Must be a team player, work well under pressure, and be a forward thinker.
- Excellent documentation and oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Proactive style and continuous improvement mindset for talent acquisition ways of working.
- Search firm and corporate recruiting experience.
This job is remote, with access to our NY office for those in the metro region.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.