About the Roosevelt Institute
Until economic and social rules work for all Americans, they’re not working. Inspired by the legacy of Franklin and Eleanor, the Roosevelt Institute reimagines the rules to create a nation where everyone enjoys a fair share of our collective prosperity. We are a 21st-century think tank bringing together multiple generations of thinkers and leaders to help drive key economic and social debates and have local and national impact. We advance this mission through the work of our staff, fellows, and network of students and alumni.
At Roosevelt, we recognize that the culture of the workplace and opportunities for career growth and development are important to all. We believe that diversity of background and experience among our people make our work to reimagine the rules of our social and economic realities stronger. Roosevelt is an equal opportunity employer and, as affirms in policy and practice to consider all applications in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for working with the Digital Director and digital team to develop compelling content and execute Roosevelt’s social media strategy for Roosevelt Institute, Roosevelt Network, and Roosevelt Forward social media accounts. The Social Media Manager will evaluate, plan, organize, and coordinate content using a consistent voice, to amplify Roosevelt’s messages, spokespeople, research, programs, events, etc. The ideal candidate has a proven record of setting and achieving measurable and ambitious goals and a strong understanding of audience engagement strategies grounded in data and analysis. This is a non-management, unionized role.
Reports to: Digital Director
Salary: $63901.00 to $75000.00 per year
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ideate social media campaigns, including multimedia elements (i.e., graphics, video shorts, etc.) for Roosevelt Institute’s internally produced content such as blogs, statements, reports, op-eds, podcasts, newsletters, etc.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and execute all content for all Roosevelt Institute social channels, following Roosevelt brand standards.
- Stay abreast of progressive policy and economic issues with an eye to how Roosevelt can use social trends to elevate its expertise.
- Research and stay current with new social media engagement strategies, trends, and best practices and provide organizational/departmental trainings as necessary.
- Monitor, measure, and collect analytics to support the overall social strategy, campaigns, and development.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide support to their content, events, and initiatives and support staff with social media training and best practices.
- Support the growth of Roosevelt Institute’s online presence and engagement on all platforms.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and execution of a social media editorial calendar and schedule.
- Provide backup and support for website, email, and other digital functions as needed.
- A versatile understanding of social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and their analytics.
- Deep understanding of the progressive policy and economic landscape and how it informs the Roosevelt worldview.
- Strong written and copywriting skills and experience creating multimedia content.
- Experience with social media strategy, content creation, and distribution, preferably managing a non-profit’s social media channels
- Experience with website content management systems and social media listening and analytic tools such as Sprout Social and TweetDeck
- Experience with social media analytics and strategic reporting.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams, functions, and departments, driving alignment, and managing deadlines
- Google and Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing, and/or Outreach Strategy or 5+ years of relevant work experience (i.e., social media marketing, social media management, or campaign management).
- Experience in nonprofits, grassroots organizing, advocacy, or event planning is valued.
- Experience with creative design tools such as Photoshop and Canva.
This job is remote, with access to our NY office for those in the metro region.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.