Train the Trainer
Roosevelt National staff knows how tough it was to recruit and retain chapter members last year, and that not every chapter leadership team could attend Hyde Park 2021. That’s why we are rolling out a series of training toolkits to help you get your chapter up and running this fall! These training toolkits will help you learn how to effectively train your members on the core skills every Roosevelt Network member needs to be successful.
- Rooseveltian Worldview: Learn to explain the economic concepts and values that underpin the Network’s approach to policy making.
- Chapter Leadership: From developing your recruitment elevator pitch to planning events, master the nuts and bolts of chapter leadership.
- What is Policy?: Demystify the foundation of this sometimes complicated question.
- Identifying Community Problems: Get a better understanding of where/how to start your policy writing journey through this training.
- Research 101: Sound policy is grounded in solid research – learn to teach the necessary skills for good research.
- Power Mapping: Identify, visualize, and name connections between key players and institutions to create policy change.
- Writing 101: Help your members sharpen their policy writing skills with the help of this training toolkit.