New York, New York
Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
About the Roosevelt Institute
Until economic and social rules work for all Americans, they’re not working. Inspired by the legacy of Franklin and Eleanor, the Roosevelt Institute reimagines the rules to create a nation where everyone enjoys a fair share of our collective prosperity. We are a 21st-century think tank bringing together multiple generations of thinkers and leaders to help drive key economic and social debates and have local and national impact. We advance this mission through the work of our staff, fellows, and network of students and alumni.
At Roosevelt, we recognize that the culture of the workplace and opportunities for career growth and development are important to all. We believe that diversity of background and experience among our people make our work to reimagine the rules of our social and economic realities stronger. Roosevelt is an equal opportunity employer and, as affirms in policy and practice to consider all applications in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
The Development Associate is a core member of a 10-person development department, with a focus on executing essential processes for fundraising, special events, and systems support. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development, the Development Associate is responsible for gift processing, donor database management, and administrative support for the team. This is an entry-level position with room for growth. This is a non-management, unionized, individual contributor role.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Development
Salary: $53996.72 to $60000.00 per year
- Donations Processing and Donor Database Support:
- Maintain donor database content, ensuring accurate donor data, including gifts, contact information, affiliations, tasks, etc.
- Process all incoming contributions and grants, coordinating with finance and development staff members to ensure accuracy
- Provide training and support to other staff on donations processing and trouble-shooting as needed
- Prepare and log all acknowledgment letters
- Create and pull contact reports from donor database for outreach and other purposes
- Support monthly reconciliation activities
- Fundraising Support:
- Pull together grant submission guidelines and attachments; track all reporting deadlines, including financial deliverables in coordination with the finance team
- Prepare prospect research and support moves management
- Provide logistical and administrative support for donor-facing events, including liaising with external speakers, honorees, and donors in a professional and responsive manner
- Support annual mailings and fundraising appeals
- Administrative Duties:
- Process invoices, contracts, expense reports, and pledge forms
- Maintain development tools and systems to support responsive donor communications
- Experience working in a professional setting, nonprofit experience a plus (internships count)
- Detail-oriented and proactive, with exceptional organizational and project management abilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with teams across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Office and Google Docs
- Responsive with strong customer service orientation
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.