Digital Marketing Manager
Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
About the Roosevelt Institute
Until economic and social rules work for all Americans, they’re not working. Inspired by the legacy of Franklin and Eleanor, the Roosevelt Institute reimagines the rules to create a nation where everyone enjoys a fair share of our collective prosperity. We are a 21st-century think tank bringing together multiple generations of thinkers and leaders to help drive key economic and social debates and have local and national impact. We advance this mission through the work of our staff, fellows, and network of students and alumni.
At Roosevelt, we recognize that the culture of the workplace and opportunities for career growth and development are important to all. We believe that diversity of background and experience among our people make our work to reimagine the rules of our social and economic realities stronger. Roosevelt is an equal opportunity employer and, as affirms in policy and practice to consider all applications in all job classifications without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
The Digital Marketing Manager will join the Roosevelt Institute’s digital team, which includes the Digital Director and Social Media Manager and work closely with them to define and execute our digital marketing strategy. The Digital Marketing Manager will support the execution of Roosevelt’s digital strategy primarily through the management of our website, email marketing and performance assessment of website and email outcomes. The ideal candidate is someone who truly enjoys a little bit of everything digital and prefers a generalist role. This is a non-management, unionized role.
Reports to: Digital Director
Salary: $67735.53 to $75000.00 per year
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all website content and functionality, including quality assurance checks to ensure all web pages are operational.
- Coordinate, maintain, and publish all Roosevelt Institute website content, including contributing to evolving our on-page functionality, dynamism, and our goal of expanding multimedia content.
- Collaborate with the digital team and internal and external stakeholders to provide support for publications, digital projects, events, and initiatives. This includes website content and associated email marketing campaigns and sends.
- Monitor, track, and measure analytics to support the development and improvement of email campaigns and newsletters, digital products, websites, and our overall digital strategy.
- Use analysis of collected metrics, and knowledge of digital best practices, to offer support and actionable insights for optimizing website and email content. development practices, and improve user engagement.
- Establish, document, and maintain standards for our website, email, and other digital processes.
- Research and stay current with new website and email trends and best practices and support organizational/departmental training as necessary.
- Liaise with our website support agency and other external support (i.e., designers) on projects and tasks related to job responsibilities and duties as needed.
- Provide backup and support for social media management and other digital functions as needed.
- Stay abreast of progressive policy and economic issues with an eye to how Roosevelt can use digital trends and best practices to elevate its expertise.
- Experience with website content management systems like WordPress, email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and customer relation management tools like Salesforce.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with website analytics and setting up website optimization tools (i.e., Google analytics, SEO, Google Search Console, Google Adwords) and email analytics collection, assessment, and strategic reporting.
- Is well-versed in website and digital marketing fundamentals and best practices, i.e., audience targeting, optimizing web pages, and performance measurement.
- A versatile understanding of website content development and management, email best practices, and website and email analytics tools.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams, functions, and departments, driving alignment and managing deadlines.
- Strong written and copywriting skills and experience creating email and website content.
- Google and Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 4+ years of relevant work experience (i.e., digital content manager, email marketing, or digital marketing manager ).
- Experience in nonprofits, grassroots organizing, or advocacy is valued
- Familiarity with web design and web design tools.
This job is remote, with access to our NY office for those in the metro region
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.