This role is remote.
We prioritize the following locations for hiring: CA, CT, DC, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, VT but we welcome candidates from other states to apply as well.
About the Roosevelt Institute
The Roosevelt Institute is a think tank, a student network, and the nonprofit partner to the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum that, together, are learning from the past and working to redefine our collective future. Focusing on corporate and public power, labor and wages, and the economics of race and gender inequality, the Roosevelt Institute unifies experts, invests in young leaders, and advances progressive policies that bring the legacy of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt into the 21st century.
The Roosevelt Institute takes on today’s greatest public policy challenges by advancing bold, cutting-edge research and policy ideas. We believe that the future of the American economy and our democracy depends on a new way of thinking about markets and government. Too few people hold too much economic and political power today, and we know that a stronger society is possible if we rectify this imbalance between private actors and the public. With a commitment to transforming corporations, restructuring markets, reviving democratic institutions, and reimagining the role of government, our work moves our nation toward a more resilient, equitable, and green future.
At Roosevelt, we recognize that the culture of the workplace and opportunities for career growth and development are important to all. We believe that diversity of background and experience among our people make our work to rewrite the rules of our social and economic realities stronger. Roosevelt is an equal-opportunity employer. As affirmed in its policies and practices, the organization considers all applications for all job classifications without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people with diverse work and life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, and diverse cultures to apply.
What You’ll Do
The Research Associate will provide research assistance, program assistance, and administrative support. They will also have opportunities to write for a wide range of audiences.
Research and Writing Assistance
- Conduct literature reviews, fact-check documents, and finalize citations and bibliographies
- Support staff and fellows on their research projects
- Assist with the preparation of reports and the presentation of information to research groups and at external meetings and seminars
- With support, draft text for reports and other public-facing documents, website content, press documents, one-pagers, and funder reports.
- Coordinate external events, panels, and convenings
- Manage publications processes, including working with senior scholars to meet deadlines and solicit external reviews
- Work closely with Roosevelt’s communications and advocacy teams along with external vendors and contractors to meet deadlines, communicate obstacles, and collaborate on external materials
- Complete administrative tasks on behalf of the program including managing contract process and reimbursement of fellows in conjunction with the operations team, coordinating with external contractors, and scheduling internal meetings
- Pitch in on tasks needed to achieve our team goals as they arise
What You’ll Have
- 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred (including prior administrative and/or project management experience)
- Passion for the Roosevelt Institute’s work and mission
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Highly efficient time management skills and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and process information quickly and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- A familiarity with key policy issues currently debated at the national level
- Ability to learn quickly, try new things, and remain flexible
Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? Please apply!
We know talent comes in many forms. Join our team and help envision a new equitable future for all.
The salary range for this role is $57,500-$61,500 annually. The Roosevelt Institute offers excellent benefits that include 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% paid for dependents; life insurance; vacation; personal and sick time; paid parental leave; professional development; healthcare, dependent care, and commuter FSA; and a 403(b) retirement plan with up to 4% contribution.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.